“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life." - Jack Kerouac


Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Shadow 3/1/2012-12/5-2012
R.I.P Shadow
Lyndee and I with Angelo and Shadow
 ...Your silky presence and ridiculous attempts at crowing will be forever missed...
Shadow was a Silkie Rooster who displayed a very loving and endearing demeanor. He brightened up even his biggest opponents day (me) . He was an adorable little fella and had many daily hobbies. He truly loved: chasing me around the yard, attempting to crow and fly like all of the other roosters ( he never quite got either), pooping, digging for worms and playing with Viola (Lyndee's dog) in the house. While cruising the yard today Lyndee discovered our fearless feathered friend in several pieces. It was a bloody massacre!! Shadow had been eaten (partially...ewwww) by a rabid dog!!! Now all of the chickens have rabies and are keeping us trapped in the house. They are stalking us like wild animals...Someone help!!!!
 OK...I kid, I kid about the rabies bit, my imagination got carried away with me. C'est la vie Shadow-You will be missed!
 Lyndee buried him under the mango tree. Well, because, Shadow really loved mangoes.  
Stay Tuned!!!! The Real Hawaii blog is coming soon! - The Savvy Nomad













No comments:

Post a Comment